Old 02-01-2006, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Re raised bed Jenny Le Puce & Mike

JennyC wrote:

OK :~))
Actually runner beans up a wigwam of poles look rather attractive.......They'd
give height to the bed..........nice red flowers ..........and you get to eat
the produce:~)

That's indeed the beauty of vegetables. As for the flowers, I
instinctively always go for the wild ones, for the seed heads, the
colours, the insects and the changing scene we get with them year after
year and the endless things one can do with them. This year all my ice
cubes had a borrage flower in them. It looked so beautiful in a pilcher
of lemonade. I have a few geraniums too - not for their flowers but for
their leaves. I can't stop myself pinching the mint one on my way to
work.

Just spent sometimes buying some seeds from the italian seeds co. Lots
and lots and lots of seeds for 12 quids and it's all I need beside the
potatoes I'll go and choose in February. Which one should I try this
year? deep sigh Roll on spring )