Old 03-01-2006, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default When is the best time to start planting?

"htmark98" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got loads of plants ready for planting, either in the cold frame or
in pots covered with fleace. Is it late March or late April?

Or can i start doing it as soon as the frost and cold weather leaves us?

It depends on what plants you intend to plant and where you are.
If you are talking about bog standard healthy plants that are beyond their
juvenile stage then plant them whenever it suits you..
I usually wait till early spring but that's because if I plant any earlier I
tend to dig up something that I had forgotten about.