Old 03-01-2006, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default Baby Robert

LOL
Joanna

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
.. .
Congratulations! Being a new parent can be frightening, rewarding,
exciting, exhausting, and demanding. Remember to water and fertilize
regularly and he'll grow up to be a healthy, well-adjusted little orchid.
Happy New Year!
Gary

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Not orchid related, but probably not unexpected by rgo regulars:

Just to let you know that baby Robert was born on December 27th. He is
adorable. I will try to post a baby picture to abpo someday when we get a
bit more organized. For now we are living in the strange state of new
parenthood that involves almost no sleep, what with the feedings and the
changings, and almost nothing gets done.

Luckily we have been getting a few welcome visits from friends who have
been assisting us with such things as feeding the parents or decluttering
the war-zone ... hmm, I mean the condo, and other things which might not
have gotten done otherwise. As a result, during one such welcome helpful
visit, I was able to water a few orchids, concentrating primarily on
those that were overdue to be watered already, that need frequent
watering, and that are small enough for me to lift (since I am not
supposed to be lifting anything heavier than the baby for the next two
weeks, and a few of my larger orchids in clay pots I think may well be
heavier).

I am going to bed now to try to catch some shut-eye myself.

Best,
Joanna