Old 03-01-2006, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anthony Anson

Default Hello, im new

The message
from Purple Hugs contains these words:

Ohhh sorry!
I'm still getting the hang of the quotation thing.

I've an old galvanised dustbin lurking in the garden, perhaps I could
use this, will look for something to raise it on though. Good tip,
thanks!

Rusty Hinge 2 Wrote:
The message
from Purple Hugs
contains these
words:
Rusty Hinge 2 Wrote:

Really? Yesterday I planted a new hedge, forked over part of the
veg
garden and cut the back lawn edges. Today I finished clearing
garden
rubbish and prunings and had a bonfire. John spent both days
building
drystone wall.

--
Rusty
Direct reply to: horrid dot squeak snailything zetnet point co

Rusty, can I ask the safest way to build a bonfire... I know it
sounds
silly, but i've never done it and have moved into a house with it's
own
[/color]

Hint No. 1

In this group it's usual to post answers below quoted text, otherwise
things get a bit muddled - IYSWIM.

Hint No. 2

The best thing to do is to get some real newsreading software and access
news through Usenet. This may seem a bit complicated at first, but when
you have it sussed, you have thousands upon thousands of newsgroups to
choose from, and you never know, you might find one/some to mesh with
other absorbing interests. (Mine, for instance, being mycology, hi-fi
and old guns. yours might be alt.support.foster-parents, for example.)

Hint no. 3

Compost as much as you can - saves a lot of smutty washing downwind.
There's not a lot that burns which you can't compost, and unlike ash,
compost improves the soil structure.