Old 03-01-2006, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
GA Pinhead

Default Canning tomatoes - best varieties

I have found that Sausalito do well in cool and damp spring/summers here
in NE GA US.

http://www.reimerseeds.com/sausalito-tomato.aspx

Very tasty, can/freeze well.

Check your County Extension Office, they may have local recommendations
as well.

John!

Mark wrote:
Here in the Pacific Northwest we had a terrible year for tomatoes. This
next year we'll be trying again but will be a little more seletive in what
we grow.
Does anybody know of a good variety for canning that grows 'somewhat
easily' in the Pacific Northwest? This year I will be growing them covered
longer - I'm thinking our wet Spring had a lot to do with the dismal
results of 2005.
ANY suggestions, advice, etc. will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Mark Thompson