Old 04-01-2006, 12:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Tim Tompkins

Default ideas for a rose near grapes

All vines, and grapes are among that group are very heavy water users. In
order to supply the water they must have a large root system.

Plant roses as far as possible from the grape vine(s) and make certain that
adaquate water is available to the rose.

I also recommend contacting your local rose society, information is
available at www.ars.org. They can recommend roses that perform well in
your area.

Tim

Tim
" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've decided to take out a blueberry bush that never did anything and
replace it with a rose. The spot is between a concord grape and a
french pussywillow. Does anyone have any advice on a rose that will
either be ok there or to avoid? I'm thinking maybe a Peace, but I'll
probably go for one of the Buck roses.

Beth