Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Travis M.

Default bamboo problem

"dflux" wrote in message

Ive recently inherited a garden , I would like to start
planting
in a plot and tame the bamboo in that area.

The veriety I have in very invasive and with it being a small
garden
taking up far too much room

I would like to dig a clump up for a large pot and destroy the
rest

I have tried using a weed killer to no avail.

The plot is impossible to dig as the roots are so strong

Any advice will be greatfully recieved

Kind regards

Donna

If you cut down all the culms and then cut off each new shoot as
they emerge from the ground eventually the energy stored in the
rhizomes will be depleted and the boo will be gone. It might
take a long time for the rhizomes to decompose.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5