Old 04-01-2006, 05:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
J Kolenovsky

Default Gardening zone in Guthrie, Oklahoma

Did Guthrie escape the fires?

Boxwood Studios wrote:
I'm going to retire soon, and I'm going home where I grew up, in
Guthrie. One of the things I want to do--besides teach (I'm a music
teacher)--is gardening. I remember how beautiful both sets of
grandparents' gardens were. I have been collecting seed catalogs for
this purpose.

Problem is, I can't figure out what growing zone Guthrie is in, whether
it's 7a or 6b, since there's a little bump in the chart, just above
Oklahoma City where Guthrie is. (In the Stokes catalog, for example.)

Anyone know about this?

Thanks,
Connie

--
J. Kolenovsky, 2003 Honorable Mention Award, Keep Houston Beautiful
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - environmental resource