Old 04-01-2006, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Joan Riley

Default Growing Vegetables in Pots

On 4 Jan 2006 01:30:19 -0800, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

I'm a little stapped for room in my Garden , especially as only part of
it gets plenty of sun.

However I want to grow some vege's this year .

I was thinking of growing some in pots , what grows well in pots , how
big do the pots need to be ?

I will be interplanting some vege's in the borders and have already got
some Garlic and Onions that are overwintering .

Cheers

Colin

When I worked on site in Stone in Staffordshire in a portacabin I
planted 3 pots (8 inch) with runner beans just outside the door (one
to a pot if I remember rightly) with a cane in each pot. They did
well and many a night we picked a couple of handfuls of runnerbeans
for our tea on our way home.

Potatoes also do well, but make sure they are well in the open - I
grew some in half barrels in the shelter of a hedge and they all died
from mildew and blight and not a potato underneath.

Joan in Ayrshire
remove 'spam' from email to reply