Old 04-01-2006, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Mahonia

"Rupert" wrote in message

"grumpy" wrote in message

Rupert Wrote:
"grumpy" wrote in message

Rupert Wrote:
"grumpy"
wrote in message

Has anyone here,got advice on when to plant,a mahonia.
TIA
Grumpy!

Sorry I was not trying to be obscure.
I am an amateur gardener and I tend to deliberately plant the wrong
plant in
the wrong place just to satisfy myself that the text books are not
always
correct.
I also tend to move plants and trees around when in full bloom which is
not
the recommended procedure.
Advice from someone with such a Cavalier attitude could be dangerous.

Thats cool with me Rupert,done some pretty wacky things myself ,along
the way! plants can be so forgiving,you would almost believe they were
alivehttp://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile
Grampy

I don't actually advocate moving trees when they are in full growth and
flowering but through sheer necessity it was move them or see them
bulldozed. Having performed that operation succesfully it gives me no
great difficulty in moving stuff as and when it suits me.
I think lapuce was fairly near the mark calling me a Nutta .Who in their
right senses would want to shift tonnage on that scale?

Well seems lapuce was right
http://www.ruskins.co.uk/pictures/tr...e%20method.jpg