Old 04-01-2006, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default Kenni Judd: your email thinks I am a spammer

I dropped your name because it was the first time I ever got a spam email
with the spoofed sender's address being an address of a person I knew. It
was years ago. I wondered, what are the chances of that!? But soon it
happened again and again with other email names. I realized it was like,
"given the shear number of stars in all the galaxies in the universe, a
person should be able to see a super nova every day or so if they look in
the right place at the right time." And it true...the scale of it all makes
it likely if you scan the skies the same way I scan my spam trap. I'm gonna
miss some too. The numbers make it likely.

The following paragraph is in my auto-text file, because I have need of it
so often. All I have to do is push a key and the whole group of sentences
appears appears in an email:

I'm sorry you did not get my reply to your other email. I did send one. A
copy of it is appended to this email for your reference. If you do not get
*this* one, please check your spam trap before writing again. :-)

Actually I am starting to think that there must be many levels of spam scan
that email goes through and sometimes they do disappear before they get to
the end user's personal spam scanner. I think this is why so many of my
hotmail and yahoo user customers often don't get my responses....but i don't
know...

"Reka" wrote in message
.. .
In article , says...
~RANT warning.
~
~About one in 10 emails caught in my spam trap are bounced there from
other
~spam traps because my email address has been spoofed into the return
email
~address. Emails I never sent. I have actually received email from
people
~on my email pass list (Reka among them) that were not sent by the people
~they claimed to be from. Even a rare event such as this coincidence
becomes
~common given the shear scale of spam flowing through the system.

Al, everything you say is right, and I get just as mad about it, but did
you have to drop *my* name? It makes me feel like a criminal!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html