Old 04-01-2006, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default not quite a gardening question !

"kathryn" wrote in message

Hi all
we have a bunny and two guineas that live in the shed, lately they have
had company, we know this because the feed sacks been eaten into and
these are out of reach to the pets), is there any way of telling
whether its a rat or a mouse (droppings ect).
Would the guineas still be alive if it was a rat??
I have had trouble with a rat before which i found in my compost bin
(yikes) pest control dealt with it that time.
Kathryn

That reminds me of a joke--something to do with Ratshit screwdrivers.
A solitary rat is unusual there are lots more around .
Rat droppings are much larger than mouse poo,however, just to confuse the
issue adult mouse poo is about the same size of a baby rat droppings.

Keep the food in sealed containers and keep the animal surroundings free of
edible stuff and discarded food.
The mice and rats will still explore but won't hang around and start nesting