Old 05-01-2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Tim Tompkins

Default New Rose Garden

"MJC" wrote in message
Any information on raised beds? I have been doing some reading but first
hand knowledge is always better. Thanks for the help.

MJ

Raised beds allow complete control of the soil, provide better drainage and
are somewhat easier to access due to the height.

Mine are approximately 16" of a rich garden soil on top of the local clay.
The sides are 3 2"X6" redwood on edge with 4"X4" posts.

My results are excellent and keeping the roses at least 2' from the edges
provides winter protection in a zone 5 climate.

Tim