Old 04-01-2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Kenni Judd: your email thinks I am a spammer

I remember some while back when we on this board were comparing how many
weird spams we were getting, all around 145 kb. Though I don't remember the
subjects, clearly they were related. At that time we set our file size
limits to trap the junk. Things have come a long way since then, not all for
the good. Frank and I were inundated with crapola, and I would read subject
lines off of the server before bringing them into O/E.

I will tell you this, however. We changed ISP from Earthlink to Bell South
last year. I disguised our return addie with respect to boards like this on
both computers, but not for regular email. Other than that, I have not
messed with the filters, and we are totally spam free. Frank got a couple
not long after we switched, but that stopped. Should it start up again, I'll
take pains to stop it, including blocking anyone not in our address books.
Clearly, that doesn't work for people like Al or Ray.

Spam free and smug in FL

Diana