Old 05-01-2006, 04:29 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default Winter goldfish in Chicago

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 03:53:27 GMT, wrote:

where do I get those??? today temp was 53o and I fed em again. Ingrid

Good time to get a wireless thermometer. Monitor it right from your desk.

My guys got it from either Home Depot or Lowe's (hardware stores). This
particular one said something to the effect of monitor your outside air
temp and the water temp of your swimming pool from inside. One can hook up
as many as 3 remote units to the base station, so I could monitor the ponds
and a couple of quarantine tanks if I wanted. Springfield Precisetemp. If
you can't find anything locally:
http://www.premiereproducts.biz/prod...recisetemp.php

Btw, batteries don't always work too well in outside temps when it gets
really cold (so I was told). Currently my unit has gone down into the low
teens, son used Preserve-It on the contacts and I've had no problems. He
also mentioned a product called ProGold one can get from Radio Shack.
~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a