Old 05-01-2006, 05:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jen

Default Damn hot weather

"Bob Saccamano" wrote in message
I rescued a tiny little Grevillea seedling whilst cleaning out my gutters
back in August. Put it in a little pot and nursed it and watched it grow
with vigour. Every few days I'd wander outside to check on my little guy -
it always brought a smile to my face to see it doing so well. All was
good,
until New Years day in Sydney. 45+degC and the little guy karked it. As
brown as if it had been in the oven. Burnt to a crisp. I've since
relocated
it into the shade and have been watering it in the vain hope that it might
recover. I think I need to let it go.

Poor little guy, I had big plans for it in my garden, was just waiting for
it to get a little bigger before I relased it into the wild.

I have some bonsais that are suffering from the heat, the small pots get so
hot and I don't really have anywhere else to put them. It's so sad!

Jen