Old 06-01-2006, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Default January issue of Orchids magagzine--a snore

Al wrote:
Since it is a non-profit organization, The American Orchid Society's IRS
Form 990 , is a matter of public record. So I thought it would be fun to
see if I could find it online. :-)

The most recent one online I found is the 2003 form, but they are available
going back to 1998. It's interesting, I suppose, and all it cost to pull up
the .pdf copy on guidestar.org was to register a my name and a password,
which was free. I say it's interesting to look over, even if some of it's
import is probably lost on me. I enjoyed reading the list of stock and bond
investments, and the list of grants...and the income, minus COGS from their
Orchid Emporium. I think I would have to dig to find the revenues and costs
associated with the award program and the magazine... I didn't look too
deeply at the numbers. Besides I just wanted to see if it was online...
and it is....

But, I'm sure the AOS must publish this info themselves someplace, right?
Don't they put it in the magazine or on the website?

In the way olden days they used to publish it in the Bulletin, along
with minutes of the meetings, but no more.

David Grove usually provides a link to the guidestar report on the OGD.
Usually good for a few days of outrage.

K Barrett