Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default Damn hot weather

In article ,
"Bob Saccamano" wrote:

until New Years day in Sydney. 45+degC and the little guy karked it. As
brown as if it had been in the oven. Burnt to a crisp. I've since relocated
it into the shade and have been watering it in the vain hope that it might
recover. I think I need to let it go.

I am waiting to see if my fuchsia survives -- most of its leaves were cooked
-- and this is a mature plant!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.