Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeanne Stockdale

Default Any ideas please

"stuart" wrote in message
We have a half acre bit of land (in Cornwall), and want to start growing
something for some extra income. We have a Poly tunnel and could get some
more if needed. Whatever crop we grew would get good attention and care,
so high maintenance crops would be no problem. Any ideas on what would be
a premium crop for such a small bit of land?
TIA
Stuart

We moved to our present location some 4 years ago and with the house came a
large glasshouse. We began growing strawberries in growbags.We set up a
series of benches to put the growbags on (rather than having them on the
ground). We started off with just a few plants given to us by friends and,
each year since then, we have cultivated more and more from the runners.
Being under cover, they fruit considerably earlier than those grown
outdoors. They are fairly easy to look after. We sell ours to the boaters
going by on the canal (which runs alongside our house) and also put a sign
out on the road when we have a surplus.

It is probably also worth considering such things as peppers, aubergines,
etc etc

Jeanne