Old 06-01-2006, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
GA Pinhead

Default Where can I get cheap gardening containers?

Check with local landscapers, they always have plenty left. Also if you
have a local college with a hort dept, they usually use new ones for
their research projects and give the old ones away.

John!

Salmon Egg wrote:
I cannot believe how much people are willing to pay for fancy and even not
so fancy plastic containers for growing plants. Even with the high cost of
petroleum, paying something over $10 for a flower pot seems excessive. I was
just over at a nursery where they were willing to pay you $0.30 if you
brought your 15 gallon plastic pot back to be recycled. They were not even
willing to give a quote on how much they would charge to sell the for cash.

If you just want to grow some veggies of berries in a pot, how can you get
containers at a reasonable price?

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush