Old 07-01-2006, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Bill

Default reducing phosphates

I think I should be lowering the PO4. Some algae buildup is showing
on my plants. Other than more water changes should I be using
something I saw at my LFS. It was a white sack with some type of
granules in it. Claims to reduce PO4 and is good for 3 montshs. Put
in filter or in tank. Is this charcoal? I've heard people using
this but never knew for what purpose. I don't have room IN my filter
so would have to slip it into the back of my tank behind plants.

Sounds like a bag of Phos-Zorb. See he http://tinyurl.com/9dbe4

--
Bill H. [my "reply to" address is real]
www.necka.net