Old 07-01-2006, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

Default Could someone test this please..?

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:35:43 -0800, David Ross wrote:

See my http://www.rossde.com/internet/Webdevelopers.html. You can skip
to "Why Validate Web Pages?" and "Standards: Why and How".

I orginally posted to the group to get a feel for the color, shape,
readability of the page and over all feel for the subject. I was fully
aware that the page was non-compliant, but my compliance error wasn't
going to effect the over-all structure of the page. All my page errors
were due to Quanta+ using the XHTML dtd by default.

While I agree with the statements on your page in general, it's an
idealistic view of the world in general. I personaly strive to be fully
compliant, but I understand that the majority of the web pages on the
internet are not and they are completely viewible in all major browsers.
Google, yahoo and msn all are non-compliant but completely viewible. Are
they full viewible by the disabled...? Don't really know, but it is a good
point.

For your peace of mind, you may now use my site as it is full compliant
(for the most part, not going to hack my image galleries. Konqueror's
image gallery maker creates bad but viewible code.).