Old 07-01-2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Charles Quinn

Default Where can I get cheap gardening containers?

Salmon Egg wrote in
:

I cannot believe how much people are willing to pay for fancy and even
not so fancy plastic containers for growing plants. Even with the high
cost of petroleum, paying something over $10 for a flower pot seems
excessive. I was just over at a nursery where they were willing to pay
you $0.30 if you brought your 15 gallon plastic pot back to be
recycled. They were not even willing to give a quote on how much they
would charge to sell the for cash.

If you just want to grow some veggies of berries in a pot, how can you
get containers at a reasonable price?

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

I live in SoCal and the 99 cents only chain has some square plastic
containers regularly along with round red clay pots. Last year I got a
large ceramic pot that was about 16 inches tall and about 14 inches
across that beautifully holds a cinammon plant a friend gave me.

--
---
Charles Quinn

"Choosing the lesser of two evils, is still choosing evil" - Jerry Garcia