Old 07-01-2006, 10:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom Randy

Default Phaelenopsis about to bloom?

On 2006-01-06 13:58:35 -0500, Robert Salmon said:

After a couple of years effort, I think I've got a bloom stalk starting
on my four-year-old phaelenopsis. It looks much like an "air root"
but is coming out of the plant through a leaf up higher on the stalk.
Do you think??? Or is it just another air root.

If it's really going to bloom, I owe it to the use of an orchid
fertilizer (30-10-10) recommended by a local green thumb.

What does it look like? Gray with a green tip? If so i's a root. If not
congrats!

I find these to be real hard to get to bloom. I've yet to get my 3 year
old one to bloom. My 3 year old dendrobium is finally setting a bloom
spike.

Tom