Old 07-01-2006, 02:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim

Default need help with scorched winter lawn

Even though this winter is relatively warm/hot, the grass is going dormant
by virtue of its genetic code during this time of year. Continued dumping
of chemicals, wasting water may result in unwanted things in spring. Save
the water and chemicals for spring. Stop wasting water, look up "drought"
at google.
Do some research on fertilizer runoff and what is does to water enviroments.
Jonny
wrote in message
oups.com...
it's winter time, and i noticed that my lawn is scorched. It's a St.
Augustine lawn. The grass blades are completely brown. This occurs
Not just on little patches, but the
entire lawn is scorched. I just applied Scotts Turfbuilder about a
month ago and from what I read, I should not apply too much every week.
The lawn gets water once every day about 530 am.

What are some good solutions to bring the lawn back to its green color
again?