Old 07-01-2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Not@home

Default Question best, longest growing season in US

Hard to believe, but we visited Alaska and they were growing some of the
biggest vegetables there I have ever seen.

Boxwood wrote:
Out of curiousity, among those who are the more experienced gardeners,
where, would you say, in the United States, will you find the place
that as, overall, the longest growing season and the best soil? (For
what we used to call "truck" gardening - vegetables, fruit trees and
flowers).

I'm thinking the southern United States somewhere, but I don't know.

Thanks!
Connie