Old 07-01-2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
MJC

Default New Rose Garden

Thank you to everyone for your advice and suggestions. Here is a list of
the roses I have picked out. Do any of you have experience with any of them?
I know that the Tropicana is a little touchy but I have had one before so I
think I will be fine.

"Let Freedom Ring" Red
"Electron" Pink
"Mellow Yellow"
"Tropicana"
"Peace"
"Love and Peace"
"Full Sail" white
"Perfect Moment"
"Medallion" peach

MJ

"Tim Tompkins" wrote in message
I also mulch VERY heavily with a organic source.

Depending on the price and availability it is usually ground bark or

shreded
tree trimings.

Mulch insulates, retains moisture, deters critters and is a slow and
constant source of surface compost. Depending on conditions it lasts 2-4
years before it needs additional material to be added.

I do NOT use landscape fabric, IMHO it is a waste of money, better spent

on
mulch.

Tim

Tim