Old 08-01-2006, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Wanted: Old Unwin's Seed Packets

"Nick" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear Jenny,

huge snip with explanation

I do not know whether you are aware, but Unwins packet seeds were sold
to the retail outlet on a "sale or return" basis.
I work in Russia, and in 1993 I discovered that these returned seeds
could be exported to Russia and I managed to find purchasers for them.
Everything seemed to be going well until 1996 when accounting checks on
the corroboration documents provided to me by Unwin's threw up serious
doubts.
The bottom line is that since then my accountant found considerable
"anomalies" in Unwin's accounts, and I do mean considerable, which
directly and negatively effected my commission
Regards, Nick

Ah Ha !

I've checked my seed box for you and have every conceivable seed producer except
Unwins. But then I do live in Holland and they might not be available here.

Good luck with the search.......
Jenny