Old 08-01-2006, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Koi-lo

Default Vegetable Garden and Woodchucks

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
A few years ago I had several dens of them. What we call (groundhogs). I
took the LP tank, regulator and hose off of my gas grill and let it run
about 15 min. in each den. I should not brag but I haven't had a one
since. I think the LP stays down in the den. I had to do something
because they was making dens where I mow with the tractor and was afraid
I would end upside down in the creek.

The risk of rolling the tractor was probably much lower then the risk of
creating a lovely fireball. Sure propane is heavier then air, and sinks into
low lying areas, and probably suffocated the ground hogs in the dens and
tunnels, but in the process you also created a potentially explosive
condition.

There are safer ways to deal with rodents.