Old 08-01-2006, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ron Clark

Default Growing Vegetables in Pots

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:16:24 GMT, (Neil
Cairns) wrote this (or the missive included this):

Most veg can be grown in pots or troughs and you
can also grow potatoes in old compost bags roll the bag down put
a deep lair of compost with three chitted potatoes spread on top cover
with more compost, when you have growth cover with more compost
just leaving the top leafs showing, as you get more growth keep
topping up.
Water and feed on a regular basis.

Last year I had a couple of Marfona potatoes over from a purchase and
chitted them in the garage.

I started them off early in the greenhouse in a really big bucket,
topping up with top-soil and 6x compost as they grew.

I had a fantastic crop of lovely potatoes, so late in the season,
I started off another bucket of potatoes ordinaire from the grocers,
don't know what variety, and got another worthwhile crop quite late in
the autumn. The main tip is to make sure you water regularly, they do
like a regular drink.

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³