Old 08-01-2006, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Tim Tompkins

Default Landscape roses

"William Barger" wrote in message
What are the best roses to choose considering the following information?
Zone 9B, full sun, in a raised bed situation. I want a fragrant, dark
red rose that can handle Florida's hot, humid conditions. This bed has 2
birdfeeders and a birdbath. It will be planted with a white rose,
several annuals such as "Blue Daze", red and white zinnias, all ringed
with different height and color sunflowers. I only need the two red
roses to complete the plant list. Mr Lincoln seemed to fit the bill, but
I am having no luck locating them. My local nurseries do not have what I
want.
Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bill

Mister Lincoln is an excellent red with fragrance, however it is prone to
mildew.

Don't hesitate to order from a reputable source on the web, you can look at
www.helpmefind.com/roses to find suppliers. Try to stay with someone who
uses fortuniana root stock if they sell grafted plants. Fortunia does
better in the eastern soils than Dr. Huey.

Since Mister Lincoln is no longer a patented variety it should be readily
available from many sources.

A quick look at helpmefind turned up:

http://www.rosesunlimitedownroot.com/ in SC and

http://www.nelsonsfloridiaroses.com in FL.