Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
sew crazy

Default Lighting Question

"Jim Anderson" wrote in message
et...
In article . com,
says...
Ok, I must be missing the point or something...

I read online the calculations for proper lighting for a 35 gallon hex
tank is 120 watts for 12.5 hours. Is this correct? And since my bulb
says 15 watts, how screwed am I? :^)

There is a calculator on the net that takes into account the distance of
the light source from the gravel, in addition to other parameters, that
is better than Watts per gallon only, in a tall tank.

I can not find the link in my mess of links, maybe someone knows it and
will post it.

--
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

http://www.petfish.net/calculators/utankcalc.php

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.u...alculators.php
registration on the last one is free