Old 09-01-2006, 03:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
Bob Saccamano

Default Cow manure

"gardenlen" wrote in message
g'day bob,

depends on whether it was paddock manure or yard manure? it is was
yard manure that is usually presented in a arrable condition and
should not caause crusting, yard manure is the only stuff worth having
as it contains urea as well.

only use lime if the ph of the soil indicates it needs liming other
than that add more composted organic material into the mix.

gday,

not sure what kind it was. When it was removed from the bag (bought from a
hardware) the stuff looked divine. Real soft and pliable. I was shocked as
to how it turned ugly only days from application.

I cant remember the brand. However, I bought some potting mix of the same
brand and it was absolute junk, so I guess the manure was the same quality.