Old 09-01-2006, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Anthony B

Default Rhododendron advice

"JRB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello there,

I was given a rhododendron as a gift and have planted it in my garden
but after reading up on them I tested my soil which is quite acidic.

Please can anyone offer advice as to feeds, plant care, etc to make
sure that my rhododendron remains healthy?

Many thanks,

John.

John, Rhodies like morning sun and afternoon shade. they also like a well
drained soil. If your soil is heavy in clay, you will have to ammend the
soil. Rhodies also like to be protected from the prevailing winter winds in
your area. If you want to feed them, I recommend a product called "Holly
Tone" by Espoma... it is formulated especially for rhodies , azalias and
other evergreens.

this link will be of great help and so will both the public library and/or
your local certified nurseryman

http://www.rhodo.com/Care.cfm

anthony B.