Old 09-01-2006, 01:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim

Default Ball Moss

The method I used was to simply knock those spherical things out of the
tree. Then burn them to prevent spore, and fertilization again. Similar
for heavy bark lichen infestations by cutting off the affected limbs, and
burning the limbs.
Both are normal on oak trees. Heavy infestation is a sign of a stressed
tree by insects and/or disease. Find the cause of stress, and address that
too.

Jonny
"Phil" wrote in message
ink.net...
I see quite a bit of Ball Moss on some of the Oak trees in our
development. It looks like it is killing some of the trees. Is there any
way to control/kill Ball Moss?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Phil B.

--
"I LET MY MIND WANDER AND IT NEVER CAME BACK"