Old 09-01-2006, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default flowers to attract lacewings and ladybirds

Gardening_Convert wrote:
Can any advise on what are the best flowers to grow to attract
lacewings and ladybirds as I want to tackle the pests in my garden the
organic way.
Also are there any that will grow in the shade ?

I use borrage next to my potatoes, calendula in between my rows of
vegs, I keep nettles for the ladybirds and dotted around I have fennel.
I have also a wild patch. Why do you want to put these insects
attractant flowers in the shade? You won't grow veg there, are you?
Perhaps in the shade you could put nigth time insect attractant plants,
such as honeysuckle, jasmin and hebe, all tolerate partial shade but
the others need full sun.