Old 09-01-2006, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Vox Humana

Default Slugs

"Honeybee" wrote in message
I have used copper pennies in rings around hostas. This works while the
plants are young. When the leaves grow and expand beyond the circle they

are
no longer effective. I have had the most sucess with beer. Small round
ziplock containers buried to ground level filled 3/4 full will protect 2 -

3
plants. Empty and refill every week or two regardless of rainfall.....I

have
them in an irrigated area and the traps remain effective fo this long. I

use
Molson Canadian for my bait. Not for human consumption......

I have had good luck using the iron phosphate slug killers. They are
non-toxic to people and wildlife and work quite well if applied at the right
time.