Old 19-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Mike

Default Wall Attaching

In article , Alison alison.freeth@No
SpAm.wideopenwindows.fsbusiness.co.uk writes
Hi there

Has anyone seen or had experience of a little device I'm *sure* I saw some
years ago? It was a little disc of plastic that could be cemented to a wall
and the disc had a little 'strap/tie' through it so that plants could be
attached to a wall.

We have an old but lovely hydrangea petiolaris that was trained behind
wires/vine eyes - but the wind has whipped it all loose and it is not keen
to come back into line with just the aid of the wires. I need a way of
fiixing the old stems back to the wall securely so that the new growth can
do its own attaching thing. Or any suggestions?

TIA
--A

Yes used a lot in the Marine Electrical Trade as one example. A self
Adhesive part which fits to the wall with a loop in it. A cable tie is
looped through this and round, in my case electric cables, in your case
a plant stem, through the top of the cable tie and pull tight.

Try B & Q. Plumbers and Electrical Merchants or if you know anyone with
an 'R S' account ask them to get you some :-))

If you have tooooooooooo much difficulty in racking them down, get in
touch with me as I have some left over from my 'working days' :-((

Mike

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd

Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.