Old 09-01-2006, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Micky Savage

Default Moss

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:56:31 GMT, "Micky Savage"
wrote:

Hi Folks,
Can anyone tell me how to stop moss growing on my garage roof. If I don't
keep up to it, it stops the rain water from flowing and my garage roof
lets water into my workshop.

T.I.A.

Micky Savage. Leeds.

A strip of bare copper or copper wire fixed along either side of the
ridge is supposed to be effective, although I can't confirm it.
Apparently the very slow release of copper into the water when it
rains is enough to prevent the moss growing.

--
Chris

Thanks Chris ,
I will have a go.