Old 10-01-2006, 01:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default fungus on forsythia?

wrote in message
oups.com
Hi Timothy. Thanks for taking time to respond. I didn't
include a
description of the fungus I guess because I thought only one
type of
fungus was likely to grow on a forsythia. I didn't realize
there
could be many different types of fungus. If you email me
) I could reply with a photo.
Otherwise, the
fungus looks pretty much like brown/grey "spikey" balls. These
grow on the stems, not the trunk or leaves. It did not affect
flowering last year as the bushes looked just fine from a
relative
distance, but it does appear to have killed some of the
branches,
though not all. These bushes are very large and dense, so
perhaps
it was lacking proper airflow as you mentioned. Do you think I
need to cut these down to a few inches or is there something I
could treat the fungus with? I realize you don't know the
exact
problem here, but in general with things like this - what would
one
do?

Thanks again.
Amber

Post a picture to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5