Old 10-01-2006, 12:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Tim Tompkins

Default New Rose Garden

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"MJC" wrote in message
Thank you to everyone for your advice and suggestions. Here is a list

of
the roses I have picked out. Do any of you have experience with any of
them?
I know that the Tropicana is a little touchy but I have had one before

so
think I will be fine.

"Let Freedom Ring" Red
"Electron" Pink
"Mellow Yellow"
"Tropicana"
"Peace"
"Love and Peace"
"Full Sail" white
"Perfect Moment"
"Medallion" peach

MJ

I have Peace, Love & Peace, and Perfect Moment.
None are what I would call outstanding landscape
roses (at least, not in my local conditions), but all
have beautiful blooms and I'm glad to have them,
even if I do worry they're going to die on me at
any moment.

As someone else suggested, you might also look
at the Austin roses. I've had several varieties
NOT do well, but Pat Austin (as one example) is
one of my best (healthiest, prettiest) bushes.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Keep in mind the climate that the David Austin roses were developed in and
for, the British Isles.

I love Pat Austin, Graham Thomas, Golden Celebration and Abraham Darby.
They all do well in my zone 5 climate.

A modern classic that has one drawback, mildew!!!
TOUCH OF CLASS (HT)

I know it sounds like a broken record:

"Contact your local rose society for recommendations"

www.ars.org and find a local society.

Tim