Old 10-01-2006, 11:25 AM posted to aus.gardens
Aprill Allen

Default Cow manure

On 10/1/06 8:51 AM, in article
, "SG1"
wrote:

"Bob Saccamano" wrote in message
I purchased a few bags of cow manure and dug some into my garden beds. Now
the soil has gone "hard" - kind of crusty. Did I get a bad batch? Did i
put
too much in?

Bob I guess you have learnt why we in the bush used to apply this product to
the soil as lino. Yep cow dung was applied wet and alowed to dry as an
inside floor covering in days of yore. Not that long ago acctually, my
grandmother used it b4 they put down some floor boards. Also had hessin and
newspaper walls. And this was in the 20th century.
Jim

There is an old couple and the blokes brother that live not far from me.
They are in the very same shack that was built Lord-knows-when with
newspaper walls and packed earth floors.

...aprill