Old 10-01-2006, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Another plant id problem

thesquire wrote:

The branches are drooping, as I picked the items in photo, standing on
the ground.

This makes me think of the leyland cypress now. It's a hybrid of
cupressus macrocarpa and chamaecyparis nootkatensis (the nootka I
mentioned before). It was much planted in Britain as a screening hedge
round gardens, parks and factories. It looks like species of
chamaecyprais but has larger female cones and unlike those of the
nootka, the tips of its branches do not droop. Do you have flowers in
winter that turn pink in spring? These are at the tip of the leaves. Or
perhaps yours is too young ...