Old 10-01-2006, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Anthony B

Default riding lawn mowers

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm going to buy a riding lawn mower for the upcoming year. I've been
out of the loop as far as brand quality ic concerned. I'm willing to
pay up to about 1500.00. A few questions I have:

1- When I last checked out mowers, John Deere used Kohler and Kawasaki
engines. Now they seem to be using B&S. B&S didn't have a glowing
reputation a few years ago. Has this changed at all? Do most major
brands use Briggs? Its all I seem to see.

2- If you don't want to buy a Deere, what is the next most reputable
brand?

3- Are the mowers sold at Lowes/HD different than the mowers sold at a
dealer?

If anyone can answer any of these questions, I would greatly
appreciate!! Thanks.

Muletrain, try asking your question in the newsgroup alt.home.lawn.garden
they are really sharp when it comes to power equipment questions

Anthony B.