Old 10-01-2006, 03:52 PM posted to rec.ponds
mark Bannister

Default QT tank delima new sick fish

Hey all,
I have a few fish in my QT tank ever since the weather turned cold. QT
is just a 10 gallon aquarium. All the fish but one are ready to go back
to the pond. I have a another fish in the pond with a white fungus who
needs treatment: we've been having some wild temperature swings lately.

Can I move the well fish into the pond (there is a significant
temperature difference)? Pond temp is around 55 right now; QT tank is
around 65.

Should I put the fish with fungus in with the almost well fish? The
almost well one was the one who was scaled alive in the skimmer. Almost
all his scales have come back but he as completely different markings
now. He is a much prettier fish with black and orange a white. Before
he was mainly orange and a little white. BTW: I only lost one fish to
the great skimmer disaster of 2005.

Mark B.