Old 10-01-2006, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default not quite a gardening question !

"La Puce" wrote
Janet Baraclough wrote:

Too bad your posts don't include any previous context, so nobody knows
what you're wittering about.

The context is not *that* a difficulty in this thread. snip

The thing is do we want to make our posts intelligible to the maximum
number or readers or not?

Without quotes you have to go hunting for context if, like many do, you
read several high-traffic groups and therefore only browse through the new
replies. For my part I usually have the 'hide read messages' view selected
to make things manageable, otherwise I'm scrolling down through pages of
already read stuff and would miss things. You can't always remember the
context and won't always bother to change views to check.

--
Sue