Old 10-01-2006, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default OT - ham hock? - "No, the dog died!"

Klara wrote:

Got the peas and just need the ham bone. Asked in Sainsbury's deli
section whether they had some ham bones: "No, the dog died!"
Would you believe it, someone somewhere asked a Sainsbury's for a ham
bone, but his dog choked to death, and so he sued Sainsbury's! - So now,
I'm told, it's company policy not to give anyone ham bones any more!

I shouldn't smile because it's a pretty sad state of affairs. The
nonsense has got to stop. Though don't go to Sainsbury's for things
like that, but your local butcher will keep you whatever you need.

But that made me think about the time I got a told off by a
grumpyabouteverything neighbour we had at our old house. She saw my
dogs fighting for some chicken bones I'd given them in the garden.
Grumpy old bum mumble rspca and police and foreegneers. She died not
long after that incident and my dogs are still eating everything that
flew, grunted, swam or mooed - though no rabbits.