Old 10-01-2006, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default not quite a gardening question !

Sue wrote:

The thing is do we want to make our posts intelligible to the maximum
number or readers or not?

Err .. yes Miss.

Without quotes you have to go hunting for context if, like many do, you
read several high-traffic groups and therefore only browse through the new
replies. For my part I usually have the 'hide read messages' view selected
to make things manageable, otherwise I'm scrolling down through pages of
already read stuff and would miss things. You can't always remember the
context and won't always bother to change views to check.

Ok. It's indeed a good way of going about responding to post. However,
and please don't get mad at me, I don't understand why you hide your
'read messages' viewer when it precisely let you know what you've read
or not. Why do you scroll through pages and pages of already read stuff
and don't just go to the highlighted ones you haven't read? This thread
is minute compared to some others. What do you use?