Old 10-01-2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Anne Lurie

Default Landscape roses

Bill,

I am much more experienced with birdfeeders & birdbaths than roses -- so
far, at least! -- but you might be consider a birdbath "dripper" where the
water then drains into your rosebed.

I suggest the dripper simply because the number of birds at that type of
birdbath have outnumbered all the other types about 100 to 1!

Let us know how it works out.

Anne

"William Barger" wrote in message
What are the best roses to choose considering the following information?
Zone 9B, full sun, in a raised bed situation. I want a fragrant, dark
red rose that can handle Florida's hot, humid conditions. This bed has 2
birdfeeders and a birdbath. It will be planted with a white rose,
several annuals such as "Blue Daze", red and white zinnias, all ringed
with different height and color sunflowers. I only need the two red
roses to complete the plant list. Mr Lincoln seemed to fit the bill, but
I am having no luck locating them. My local nurseries do not have what I
want.
Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bill