Old 10-01-2006, 08:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default QT tank delima new sick fish

"mark Bannister" wrote in message
10o drop is too much in 1 day. 10 gallons is too small for QT, how about
a 40 gallon
rubbermaid tub? the fish with white fungus might well be columnaris ...
especially
if this is on the caudal puduncle. you need to salt dip this fish, then
treat with
potassium permanganate.

snip

Thanks, yes it is in the caudal peduncle area (course I had to look that
up first
http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/what/fishfig.htm). 4-5 small
white patches on one side, almost scale size.

Mark B.

=============================
Check a few websites such as www.koivet.com and others before using PP as
this is a product you need to take great care using. My smaller pools will
drop as much as 15F overnight (in spring and fall) without causing a problem
to my koi, rosy reds and goldfish. The only losses I've ever had to such a
drop were tiny fry less than a week old. We had a spring freeze and they
were in a 40 gallon tub. :-(

My fish are healthy and the water quality is good. That may make the
difference. Also, we have no control over nature and natural ponds have the
same temp drops.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952